In wall switches

Matt Simmons standalone.sysadmin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 17:26:27 UTC 2010

I'm going to be implementing some NJ220 switches. They are EOL, and
only 10/100, but their feature set is impressive for their size. I
wish they had more than one PoE port, since I'm using them to deploy
VoIP to a remote office, but in the end, this will be cheaper for us
than strapping a "real" PoE switch to each desk.

Normally, I'd have one large PoE switch centralized, but due to
building issues, it is impossible for us to run more wires up the 5
floors to our office from the central location, and it's cost
prohibitive to run horizontal wires. So we're stuck with this kludge.
I'm just glad it's an option, frankly.

--Matt

--

LITTLE GIRL: But which cookie will you eat FIRST?
COOKIE MONSTER: Me think you have misconception of cookie-eating process.