in-addr.arpa server problems for europe?

Mark Scholten mark at streamservice.nl
Tue Feb 16 02:13:55 UTC 2010

As you've understood I need to read something extra about DNSSEC support.
The most things I know about DNSSEC are based on my contacts with software
writers that create nameservers and system administrators maintaining
multiple nameservers. So if I understand it correctly; if a resolver
requests DNSSEC information (together with for example www.domain.tld) and 1
resolver before the AUTH nameserver doesn't have DNSSEC it won't ask/require
DNSSEC? In that case men in the middle attacks are still possible. Also note
that a provider might have multiple resolvers with some using/able to
provide DNSSEC and others without DNSSEC support.

Mark