Noise (was Re: in-addr.arpa server problems for europe?)

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Mon Feb 15 18:09:09 UTC 2010

On 2/15/2010 11:51 AM, JC Dill wrote:
> Larry Sheldon wrote:

>>> Done. I also erased the hard disk and reinstalled the OS.
>>>

>> Given that many Network Operator managers require that that crap be
>> appended to out-bound messages, frequently beyond the control (or
>> wishes) of the message-originator, why is it necessary to whine about
>> every occurrence of it?
>
> IMHO, if your organization appends crap to your outbound messages then
> you should maintain a separate crap-free email account for your personal
> email and use it when you post to discussion lists.  (If you want to
[snip]

OK.  So he should use his hotmail account for stuff that is
authoritative for his employer.

Oh, wait.  hotmail appends an advertisement to everything.

Yahoo maybe--no their appendages go on for a page or more....I guess
I'll have to listen to the whiners (or filter them off--they probably
don't have any thing useful to say anyway).
--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs