Time out for a terminology check--"resolver" vs "server".

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Mon Feb 15 02:25:28 UTC 2010

On 2/14/2010 8:14 PM, Jon Lewis wrote:

>> The glue and all of that stuff won't expire at TTL=0?
>
> No.  Authoratative data on your server (a locally configured zone) doesn't
> require glue.

I really should have scrapped that reply and started over--by the time I
got to this part I realized that authority delegation is a matter of
what is in the zone file, not what has been learned.

>> Seems like the zone file shold have been replaced to reflect the
>> authority change.
>
> Should have been removed...but if everything that should happen did
> happen, things would be so much simpler.

Trudat.

--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs