History of 4.2.2.2. What's the story?

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Sun Feb 14 22:46:08 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:
> I don't care what internal routing tricks are used, they are still
> under the *one* external route and as such subject to single points
> of failure and as such don't have enough independence.

Where has Level 3 ever claimed that these servers were ever for *external* use?

As a Level 3 customer who uses these servers, I'm seeing multiple
*internal* routes to these servers.

Of course, if 4/8 disappears from the global routing tables then Level
3 has a bit bigger problem than their DNS resolvers not being
accessible from non-customers.

I'd also be interested in knowing where you consider the "single
points of failure" for their announcement of 4/8 is, but that's
probably for another thread...

  Scott.