Recommendations for router with routed copper gig-e ports?

Shon Elliott shon at unwiredbb.com
Sun Feb 14 21:17:19 UTC 2010

We use Cisco WS-3560G-24-PS-S (Catalyst 3560G's with POE Ports). Provides POE on
each port too to eliminate having to use POE bricks to radios. We actually give
each AP it's own group. It's better to break them all up rather than keep them
in their own broadcast domain, because from subscriber to subscriber, you can
still have a big broadcast problem that could hose the entire tower. we run
backhauls off of it too on different ports, and it comes with 4 ports that you
can use to plug in different modules for fiber. YMMV.

-S