History of 4.2.2.2. What's the story?

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Sun Feb 14 19:18:34 UTC 2010

On 2/14/10 11:43 AM, John Palmer (NANOG Acct) wrote:
> 4.2.2.2 is stunted just like any other resolvers that use only the USG
> root. A more useful resolver is ASLAN [199.5.157.128] which is an
> inclusive namespace resolver which shows users a complete map of the
> internet, not just what ICANN wants them
> to see.

I feel a headache coming on...

Is this more of the fun from years ago where everyone thought it would
be great to create a bunch of custom TLDs then try and convince everyone
to use their name servers to 'enable' these (for lack of a better word)
site-local domains?

I tried the OpenDNS koolaid, and well, was horribly disappointed.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org