192.255.103.x

James Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 02:12:01 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Hector Herrera <hectorherrera at gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I can tell from IANA, the block 192/8 is allocated to ARIN.
> ARIN does not have a record of 192.255.103 being allocated to anybody.

I can infer very strongly that the block has probably not been
allocated, or if it was, has not been properly listed in the directory
as allocated yet.

Look at the  DNS  delegation of  the  reverse DNS.   Y.arin.net
replies  NXDOMAIN for the 192.255.103.in-addr.arpa  zone  with
authority, indicating no rDNS delegation.
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

The  RADB  and  RIS   are  good  sources  to  query also.

http://www.ris.ripe.net/mt/prefixdashboard.html?prefix=192.255.103.0
"This prefix does not appear to be announced. It was not seen by RIS
in the last 3 months.  See below for related prefixes.

Related (overlapping) prefixes seen by RIS in the last 30 days
No prefixes found.

This prefix has 0 visibility.
"

--