192.255.103.x

Hector Herrera hectorherrera at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 01:30:11 UTC 2010

I'm trying to diagnose an issue with 192.255.103.x

As far as I can tell from IANA, the block 192/8 is allocated to ARIN.
ARIN does not have a record of 192.255.103 being allocated to anybody.

Here is the issue ... the customer insists that is the correct IP and
for a few hours yesterday, it was actually working.  Their satellite
phone can reach it, but we can't see it advertised today from any
networks.

The ip block 192.255.0.0/16 is allocated to "VARIOUS RIRs" under a
text file I found at potaroo.net

I tried a few looking glass sites, but I still can't find a route to
the advertising router.

So ... any ideas how to go about finding out the source of the routing block?

--
Hector Herrera