Google to offer fiber to end users

Steven Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Feb 10 22:03:58 UTC 2010

On Feb 10, 2010, at 4:15 PM, Matt Simmons wrote:

> I'm really interested in their distribution ideas, as well as the
> bottleneck from the Google network to the rest of the internet.
>
> Ah, who am I kidding, it's not like anyone cares about the rest of the
> internet, right?

The WSJ says:  "In an interview, Google product manager Minnie Ingersoll said consumers
will be able to buy service directly from Google or from other
providers, whom Google will allow to resell the service. She said
Google will manage the deployment of the network but probably partner
with contractors to help build it."