Yahoo abuse

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Feb 10 05:07:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, J.D. Falk wrote:

>> A few years I proposed a standard way to report abuse by email (X-headers) but nobody was interested.
>
> There's a (draft, de facto) standard format for automated reports between providers:
>
> http://mipassoc.org/arf/
> http://tools.ietf.org/wg/marf/

Unfortunately this seems very focused on reporting SPAM and other email
related abuses. What I was looking for was a way to format a generic abuse
report where the most important parts would be "type of abuse", "IP doing
the abuse", "time the abuse occured" and "<free text field about what
happened>" that could be used by end users. Creating a new MIME type
precludes most end users from ever using it because their MUA won't
support it.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se