Adopt‐an‐Haitian‐Internet‐technician‐or‐facility

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Mon Feb 8 14:54:51 UTC 2010

All,

Attached is a project description by Reynold Guerrier, Network
Engineer and Treasurer of the Association Haïtienne pour le
développement des technologies de l’Information et de la Communication
(AHTIC).

I know many have helped and many have offered to help, and kit and
people have been sent, and are continuing to be sent, however there is
an unmet need, the continuation of the "fuel, food, families" trio
that kept the Boutilliers NAP powered and its surviving technical team
intact. And the most effective aid is cash, which enables the
recipients to prioritize according to their needs, and the bulk
purchases of aid recipients proximal to them.

The budget and resources for this project is as follows:

o $100,000 for
 salaries
support
 technicians
and
their
family

get
them
 back
on
track

o 5
 content
production
units

o Production
 software

o Management
 software

o 10
data
center
in
box

The data centers in a box resource was identified by Reynold on the
19th, a week after the quake, when he wrote to NANOG:

 > We would like to provide to the haitian government a UC systems
with several branches:

 > o President office: 10 endpoints
 > o Prime Minister office: 10 endpoints
 > o 12 mayor city hall offices: 3 for each: 36 endpoints
 > o Ministries (9 differents locations 3 for each): 27 endpoints
 > o Communications Center: 20 endpoints
 > o emergency Clusters: 14 ednpoints
 >
 > Total: 117 endpoints
 >
 > So if someone can provide recommendations, equipment, skilled
technician for that it would be fine.

There is wire transfer information in the attached pdf, and if anyone
finds that cumbersome drop me a note and we'll work something out.

Yes, there are a lot of aid dollars going to Haiti, but dollars given
to AHTIC will go specifically to re-build the network infrastructure
and keep the families of the surviving engineers and technicians fed
and their basic needs met.

Thanks in advance,
Eric