How common are wide open SIP gateways?

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Fri Feb 5 18:16:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 12:45:13PM -0500, David Birnbaum wrote:
> We have noticed a lot of issues with Asterisk 1.2 and some 1.4 rollouts.
> FreePBX had some truck-sized holes in it.

FreePBX 2.6.0 defaults to refusing anonymous SIP calls.  If you enable
inbound anonymous calls, it includes only the "from-trunk" context, making
it behave like a standard incoming over over a configured trunk.  If you've
configured FreePBX to allow outgoing calls from the trunk context, you have
larger problems in general.

--
Brandon Ewing                                        (nicotine at warningg.com)