google contact? why is google hosting/supporting/encouraging spammers?

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Fri Feb 5 04:32:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 05:35:23PM -0600, Tony Varriale wrote:
> From: "Jim Mercer" <jim at reptiles.org>
> >we have recently started getting alot of spam, out of dubai, from
> >"ecampaigners.dxb at gmail.com"
> >
> >all of the spam comes from/through google and google groups.
>
> Not that I can point you in the correct direction, but Google Groups is a
> haven for spammers.  In fact, I stopped using it a while ago for this
> reason.

the issue for me is not that they are spamming groups within google groups,
but that they are signing up the victim email addresses as members of the
group, then using google groups to distribute the content.

--
Jim Mercer        jim at reptiles.org        +92 336 520-4504
"I'm Prime Minister of Canada, I live here and I'm going to take a leak."