lawful intercept/IOS at BlackHat DC, bypassing and recommendations

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Thu Feb 4 20:19:29 UTC 2010

"That peer-review is the basic purpose of my Blackhat talk and the
associated paper. I plan to review Cisco’s architecture for lawful
intercept and explain the approach a bad guy would take to getting
access without authorization. I’ll identify several aspects of the
design and implementation of the Lawful Intercept (LI) and Simple
Network Management Protocol Version 3 (SNMPv3) protocols that can be
exploited to gain access to the interface, and provide recommendations
for mitigating those vulnerabilities in design, implementation, and
deployment."

More here:
http://blogs.iss.net/archive/blackhatlitalk.html

	Gadi.