Research Project: Internet capacity during pandemic events

haska at ualberta.ca haska at ualberta.ca
Wed Feb 3 03:59:51 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

My name is Mike Haska, and I am a graduate student at the University
of Alberta. I am conducting research into Internet capacity issues
during pandemic events. In order to analyze certain aspects of this
topic, I need to get in touch with representatives from the major
Internet service providers in Canada - some of whom, I am hoping, are
members of this distribution.

Specifically, I am looking to get in touch with individuals who are
familiar with the structure of their network and with any pandemic
contingency plans that are in place within their organization.

If you think you may be able to assist, or if you know of anyone who
could, please contact me at (haska at ualberta.ca) and I will provide
further information on all aspects of this study.

To put your mind at ease - I'm not fishing around for sensitive
information or your root passwords; I'm looking for an overview of
your policies and your responses to hypothetical scenarios. Your
confidentiality is assured and you are welcome to preview all the
questions to be asked before you commit to participating in any way.

I feel this topic has important implications to network operators in
Canada, so any support you can offer to this research project is
greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
-Mike