Mitigating human error in the SP

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 01:36:59 UTC 2010

Never said it was, and never said foolproof either.  Minimizing the
chance of error is what I'm after - and ssh'ing in + hand typing
configs isn't the way to go.

Use a known good template to provision stuff - and automatically
deploy it, and the chances of human error go down quite a lot. Getting
it down to zero defect from there is another kettle of fish altogether
- a much more expensive with dev / test, staging and production
environments, documented change processes, maintenance windows etc.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)