Throttle traffic for a single local IP on a Linux router?

gordon b slater gordslater at ieee.org
Fri Dec 24 10:29:41 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 18:32 -0500, johnc at hush.ai wrote:
> $TC class add dev $INIF parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate $DNLD ceil
> $DNLD
> $TC class add dev $OUTIF parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate $UPLD ceil
> $UPLD
> $TC filter add dev $INIF  parent 1:0 ip pref 1 u32 match ip src
> $IP/32 0xFFFFFFFF flowid 1:1
> $TC filter add dev $OUTIF parent 1:0 ip pref 1 u32 match ip dst
> $IP/32 0xFFFFFFFF flowid 1:1
>
> Anyone see any problems in my setup

yes, I think you have the same IDs in the last 4 lines.

classid's should be 1:1 and 1:2
flowid's shoild be 1:1 and 1:2

yours are 1:1 in both cases of each

try :-

$TC class add dev $INIF parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate $DNLD ceil
$DNLD
$TC class add dev $OUTIF parent 1: classid 1:2 htb rate $UPLD ceil
$UPLD
$TC filter add dev $INIF  parent 1:0 ip pref 1 u32 match ip src $IP/32
0xFFFFFFFF flowid 1:1
$TC filter add dev $OUTIF parent 1:0 ip pref 1 u32 match ip dst
$IP/32 0xFFFFFFFF flowid 1:2
(line breaks may be affected by email formatting etc )

Gord

--
# ~ TC , the undisputable leader of the gang ~ #