Good MPLS/VPLS book?

Michael Helmeste mhelmest at uvic.ca
Thu Dec 23 22:49:22 UTC 2010

   Does anyone have a favorite book or resource discussing MPLS and all
associated Lego blocks (e.g. LDP, TE, VPLS, martini, mBGP et. al.)?

   I understand the basics of what MPLS is and how you create a circuit from
A to B but I'm afraid it still escapes me when trying to figure out how
someone would, say, create a multicast capable VPN with 5 edge points.

   Any pointers to a good way to reduce my level of ignorance on this
subject would be appreciated. Vendor literature doesn't bother me as long
as the concepts are there.

   Regards,
     Michael H.