IPv6 BGP table size comparisons

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Wed Dec 22 09:46:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

I love that people compare absolute numbers but have you also checked
how much noise is in there?

Back in the times when I was handling a /32 for someone, I created
really strict filters and was shocked.  The last version (really
outdated these days, so don't use it, Cisco style) was here:
http://sources.zabbadoz.net/ipv6/v6-prefix-filter-20080703-public.cfg

People might say that it would not be helpful at all as we want IPv6
deployed but on the other hand people apply their doings of the last
10 years 1:1 to IPv6 and continue on the same mistakes which will not
be helpful either.

I would really love to see weekly Routing Reports for IPv6 as we have
them for legacy IP rather sooner than later.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                              Welcome a new stage of life.
         <ks> Going to jail sucks -- <bz> All my daemons like it!