Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Aaron C. de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Tue Dec 21 02:10:05 UTC 2010

On 2010-12-19 at 20:44:21 -0800, Owen DeLong wrote:
> On Dec 19, 2010, at 6:12 PM, JC Dill wrote:
> The "USPS monopoly" on first class mail is absurd. In fact, FedEx, UPS,
> et. al could offer a $0.44 letter product if they wanted to.

Like JC said, the Private Express statutes prevent you from being a
common mail carrier.

The government created USPS and brought us slow bureaucratic mail
delivery.

The private sector (FedEx/UPS, etc...) brought us overnight delivery
where USPS couldn't...

...and next-day air
...and freight delivery
...and package tracking that reports more than just "We don't know where it is/It's at the post office"

When was the last time USPS delivered you a 100 pound UPS unit over night from across the country while letting you track it's progress?

-A