Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Mon Dec 20 23:06:20 UTC 2010

> And yet, I don't know of any location in the US with two cable
> operators.

We have 2 separate cable providers in our town. One of them is a division of the local telephone company, but it is still CATV plant. The telco also operates a FTTH service with IPTV video as well.

The result is that the big national CATV provider had incredibly good rates for a long time, and even after they were more than doubled, are still really good.

-Randy