"potential new and different architectural approach" to solve the Comcast - L3 dispute

Loránd Jakab ljakab at ac.upc.edu
Fri Dec 17 15:57:58 UTC 2010

Since it is Friday, maybe some of peering experts have some time to
speculate what this new approach proposed by Comcast might be, as they
assert it would represent "a significant shift of Internet infrastructure."

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=202121
http://blog.comcast.com/2010/12/comcast-continues-discussions-with-level-3----offers-to-trial-new-solutions.html

Well, their previous proposal was already representing quite a
significant shift, and not in a good way, but I wonder what the new
offer could be so that they figured it would be more acceptable to Level 3.

I hope due to the speculative nature of the question it will not be
considered off-topic.

-Lorand Jakab