Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Thu Dec 16 20:56:44 UTC 2010

On 12/16/2010 2:13 PM, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 02:48:56PM -0500, Randy Epstein wrote:
>>
>> I was in the IRC channel at the time and saw it.  It's real.
>>
>> I don't support the posting of IRC logs, but can't control that either.
>
> I saw it too. I don't support posting of IRC logs trying to get people
> "in trouble" (though lord knows it wouldn't be the first time that has
> happened :P), but I also completely disagree with Comcast's position on
> this (big shocker, I know).

I think the "post the logs" comment was due to no one speaking up as to
having seen the quote. Anonymous posting without collaborating evidence
is useless.

I may not agree with Comcast, but I also can't agree with people quoting
them without any evidence; and multiple people having seen it is
acceptable evidence.

Jack