Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Paul Graydon paul at paulgraydon.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 19:47:16 UTC 2010

On 12/16/2010 09:38 AM, Daniel Seagraves wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2010, at 11:53 AM, Backdoor Parrot wrote:
>
>> Earlier this morning a Comcast peering manager had the following things to say about the recent NANOG thread, in a public IRC channel with many witnesses:
> (snip)
>
> With all due respect, logs or GTFO. I can find no mention of this outside of your email.
> I would expect there to be quite a few mentions of such a statement made in "a public IRC channel with many witnesses".

So far this whole thing disturbs me.

We've gone from "Backdoor Santa" dropping graphs that we can't
specifically attribute to Comcast, through to "Backdoor Parrot" now
adding IRC communication that yet again we can't attribute to Comcast.

In the former case we've gone from disbelief through to academic "what
if", swiftly moving on to damning accusation without there being /any
/supporting evidence, as far as I can see, that the graphs are anything
to do with Comcast.  I fear we're likely to see the same results from
these IRC logs.

All we're ending up with is what is mostly hearsay being treated as facts.

Paul