peering, derivatives, and big brother

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Thu Dec 16 03:24:25 UTC 2010

Invisible Hand Networks was really meant to be a spot market.  The
same problem exists with bandwidth spot markets that always has
existed, the cost of ports to maintain sufficient capacity to the
exchange, and the lack of critical mass, meaning that the spot
bandwidth is either pretty expensive, or there is not enough capacity
for any serious application.  Certainly, no spot bandwidth market
currently in existence can compete with even mid-sized CDNs; and I do
not believe that will ever change.

The IHN folks were also disadvantaged because they seemed to know a
lot about economics, but basically nothing about networks.  So their
technology was neat from a reporting perspective, but the actual
functioning their exchange fabric was/is a disaster.

I do not know if they are still in business or if they are still
constrained by the flawed design they had in place several years ago.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts