Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Rettke, Brian Brian.Rettke at cableone.biz
Thu Dec 16 01:15:52 UTC 2010

This should also be a wake-up call that for whatever reason (who cares what for this discussion), if our bandwidth demands exceed our bandwidth supply, we must become more efficient at using our bandwidth. I'm hoping that we not only discuss peering and bandwidth, management and implementation, but look at the Content providers with the same level of scrutiny that we hold the Backbone transit providers to. We should look at video compression and codecs with the same level of urgency that we do bandwidth, because there will never be enough if both sides are not looked at.

Sincerely,

Brian A . Rettke
RHCT, CCDP, CCNP, CCIP
Network Engineer, CableONE Internet Services