Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Mikel Waxler dooser at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 23:34:53 UTC 2010

1) Sure, if those streams are only video streams and they can only exist at
5mbps. In reality, a network of 16 million users has lots of types of
streams and some like file downloads, UDP data for game players, video with
user buffers, etc, are capable of getting squeezed a little.

It seemed that the OP was stating that once the network was at capacity, all
further users got zero  bandwidth.

Also, adding 1 user to 16 million is very different then adding 1 user to a
pool of 10, 20, or 2000. It is a LOT harder to measure the impact.

2) Fair enough, I have not read either of those. Again, I was not arguing
the point, simply pointing out that you can't imply that all relationships
are 1:1 without some backup or proof.

3) That describes every for profit business on the planet. We pay comcast
more then we should for a service, just like buying a burger.