Alleged backdoor in OpenBSD's IPSEC implementation.

Michael J Wise mjwise at kapu.net
Wed Dec 15 07:51:24 UTC 2010

On Dec 14, 2010, at 9:56 PM, Ken Chase wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 09:39:02PM -0800, Chaim Rieger said:
>> Does anyone remember the last time a law enforcement agency had
>> someone sign a 10 year NDA on a backdoor?
>>
>> "Oh, times up, I can post it on Facebook now.  Cool."
>
> 22:42 <@smartboy> curious what the guy's motives really are.  pretty sure the
>                  NDA expiration on putting a backdoor into software for the
>                  FBI would be "when you're dead"
> 22:42 <@smartboy> or "when you'd like to be dead"

Someone is confusing FBI with NSA, methinks.
And yes, if this is the kind of thing not talked about, "NDA"s expire when you do.
But seriously ... this would seem to be the kind of code that Smart People should be doing security audits on Just Because.

So rustle up a couple of PostDocs, and give them an idea for a Thesis, and yer set.

Aloha,
Michael.
--
"Please have your Internet License             http://kapu.net/~mjwise/