Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Dec 15 03:36:10 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Alex Rubenstein" <alex at corp.nac.net>
> -- Alex, remembering the days of 8000 ISP's with substantially better
> customer service than is available today

In 1995, when I was the chief engineer for a teeny little ISP called
Centurion Technologies, in Largo FL (we had 40 modems here and 20 in
Tampa on a 256kb/s frame relay backhaul to the home office in Texas,
which itself only uplinked to it's backbone provider via a T-1)...

and I *went to several customers' houses* to get their connections up
and running for them.  These were the Win3/Trumpet days, of course; it was
a bunch harder then than it is today...

Cheers,
-- jra