Wake on LAN in the enterprise

Berry Mobley berry at gadsdenst.org
Mon Dec 13 16:08:14 UTC 2010

Hello...

I'm trying to get a handle on implementation of wake-on-lan in an
enterprise environment.  Cisco gear, lots of subnets.  I've made it
work with directed broadcasts, but I'd really rather not have 40 or
50 'ip helper-address x.x.x.bcastaddr' statements on the vlans with
the SMS servers.

Are there any enterprises that are doing this for large (100+)
numbers of subnets?  I can't find a single example anywhere with more
than 2 networks.

I've searched the Cisco-NSP archives as well with no luck, but maybe
I didn't go back far enough.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Berry Mobley