Over a decade of DDOS--any progress yet?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 05:41:32 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Jeffrey Lyon
<jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:
> I'm certain there are thresholds to that. Carrier grade mitigation
> solutions will start low and ramp up to 5, 6, 7, etc. figures
> depending on the attack and amount of bandwidth to be filtered among
> other variables.

nope, the pricing (when I was there, and I don't think it's changed
much) is 3250/month for 500mbps or mitigation, though there was
~12gbps available easily before any work had to be done by the ISP...
If the plan I/sfouant put in place was followed you could had scaled
the capacity to much higher than that.

If a customer continuously abused the 'limit' they may have been
boosted to the next tier, but... I'd not ever seen that done.

3250/month... easy, peasy.

-chris