Windows Encryption Software

Brandon Kim brandon.kim at brandontek.com
Fri Dec 10 00:24:03 UTC 2010

Hey guys:

This is most definitely OT so please contact me off list. (don't want to annoy anyone)

I come to you all because of all your wisdom. =)

I want to know if there's software out there that will encrypt files on win2k3, winxp, win7, so that if someone
decides to steal the computer and plug the harddrive into a USB external case, they won't be able to read the files
on the harddrive.

I know windows has bitlocker, but I don't know if that is available for Win2003? And it always seems like 3rd party
apps seem to do a better job than what Microsoft gives you.

Encryption needs to be done on the fly so if at anytime the harddrive is stolen, there's no way to read the data...

Thoughts??

Brandon