Over a decade of DDOS--any progress yet?

Greg Whynott Greg.Whynott at oicr.on.ca
Thu Dec 9 18:23:19 UTC 2010

i found it funny how M$ started giving away virus/security software for its OS.  it can't fix the leaky roof,  so it includes a roof patch kit. (and puts about 10 companies out of business at the same time)

>>> Many Windows infections
>>> I've seen occur not due to the OS, but due to lack of patching of
>>> applications on the OS. The system does as much as it can.

which applications are home users using which are exploited more than RPC and friends?

-g

--

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.