Are you ready for RPKI in your BGP?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Dec 9 07:55:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Jared Mauch wrote:

> For those of you preparing to assign 2011 goals to your employees, or
> something to self-assign, this should be in the top-5 or top-10 if you
> configure routers for BGP.

It would be nice with an operational write-up on how to get this to work
in real life. I've been to presentations about it, but there were serious
lack of HOWTOs and requirements in it.

I guess router vendors need to start supporting
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr/> and I'd
imagine that'll take 6-12 months after it's even feature commit, so seeing
deployment of this in 2011 seems highly doubtful?

It's one of those features I doubt would ever be implemented in 12.0S for
GSR, but perhaps enough large ISPs have stopped using IOS GSRs at their
edge so this is not a problem anymore.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se