Start accepting longer prefixes as IPv4 depletes?

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Wed Dec 8 20:01:43 UTC 2010

How many networks already leak numerous unnecessary /24s to their
transit providers, who accept them (not having been asked to do
anything else), and contribute to table bloat?  Quite a lot of
networks do this.

Imagine if there are many possible inter-domain routes that are being
filtered by transit networks, because their customers accidentally
announce some number of /25-/32 networks to them.  These do not affect
us today; but I would hate to see all those accidental announcements
suddenly appear in my routing table; or for my transit providers to
have the bear the expense of dealing with them.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts