Lightning Debates at NANOG 51

Tom Daly tom at dyn.com
Tue Dec 7 20:40:48 UTC 2010

> In most cases it isn't an option, you use what the hardware uses.  I
> can't decide to use an SFP+ in a unit with XFP form factor.  I select
> the hardware according to the features I need and then buy the optics
> it requires, I don't select the hardware based on the optics modules
> it uses.  The only drawback I have seen so far is finding ER optics in
> SFP+ form factor but they might be available now (I couldn't find them
> a year or so ago).

George,
Good point. Perhaps the context should be more nebulous? Given a choice in an ideal word, not limited by the selection of hardware manufactures, which do you prefer? ras did a good talk on optics in the past, I'm sure there's some points to discuss.

> A good topic might be ipv6 migration strategies:  dual stack or native
> v6 with nat64/dns64

Alright, added. Are you volunteering to speak to one point or the other?

Thanks,
Tom