Lightning Debates at NANOG 51

Greg Whynott Greg.Whynott at oicr.on.ca
Tue Dec 7 20:37:03 UTC 2010

> Excuse me. Raised floor vs. overhead.

ahh that makes much more sense,  thanks Tom.

> I'm sure someone has an opinion…

i suspect you are correct,  not sure who would elect for the slower standard,  considering they hit the streets fairly close to each other and I can't see there being a huge difference in cost, but i could be wrong. (the isp i'm connected to is running100G now)

>>> Optics: XFP vs. SFP+
>> Maybe you have no idea on what XFP or SFP+ is because you've been running a Gigabit based network and haven't made the jump to 10GE yet -

i've more 10G ports than you can shake a stick at actually…  my '?' was again,  people debate this?  as the bit rates are verbatum,  the major difference which one would choose the other over from my understanding was distance to endpoint..  but again i could be wrong…  wishing now i didn't send anything.  8)

-g

--

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.