Lightning Debates at NANOG 51

Tom Daly tom at dyn.com
Tue Dec 7 20:24:16 UTC 2010

Greg,

> forgive me,  but what is the difference between raised floor and
> underfloor?

Excuse me. Raised floor vs. overhead.

> > Ethernet: 40GE vs. 100GE
>
> people are debating which is better?   really?

I'm sure someone has an opinion...

> > Optics: XFP vs. SFP+
>
> ?
>
> some interesting choices of things to debate..  are these serious
> debate sessions or more for fun?

They are meant to be informative. Maybe you have no idea on what XFP or SFP+ is because you've been running a Gigabit based network and haven't made the jump to 10GE yet - the debate might give you the top 3-5 points on why each might be the right option for you. And then, of course, there is a fun factor.

Tom