Domain shut downs by Registrar?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 15:43:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 10:17 AM, John Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

> We do remember, don't we, that the domain that started this discussion
> were shut down by Verisign, the registry, not a registrar?

what's super fun here is that often in conversations with registries
about domains used for malware/spam/etc there's a conversation about:
"but we can't just shutdown a domain, we need the registrar to do
that... legal/contractual restraints prohibit us..."

interesting that in THIS case the registry just took the action, was
the domain registered through their registrar arm?

-chris