wikileaks dns (was Re: Blocking International DNS)

Joakim Aronius joakim at aronius.com
Fri Dec 3 08:35:05 UTC 2010

* Jack Bates (jbates at brightok.net) wrote:
> Given "These attacks have, and future attacks would, threaten the
> stability of the EveryDNS.net infrastructure, which enables access
> to almost 500,000 other websites." I'd say they had DOS issues with
> their nameservers. They can't be expected to let their other domains
> go down in efforts to protect a single domain.

This is then important information that should be spelled out in their terms of service. 'If your domain generate to much traffic we will terminate your service'.. It might very well be reasonable for a free service to have these restrictions but as a customer it could be an important differentiator when choosing service provider.

..assuming that the DOS actually took place.. (tinfoil hat on..:)

/Joakim