Want to move to all 208V for server racks

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 22:48:11 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 22:17, Antonio Querubin <tony at lava.net> wrote:
> You sure about that?  GFCI breakers as well as their close cousins AFCIs are
> still being sold and bought at hardware stores.

I am not sure I would call AFCIs a close cousin to the GFCI (except
that they are both more expensive that a non-xFCI breaker).  They
serve different purposes.  The (arc) faults that AFCIs are designed
to interrupt would commonly be passed through the GFCI without notice.
GFCIs are designed to protect people from shock, and AFCIs are
designed to protect against fire from the arc (which also tends to
protect people, but less directly).