Want to move to all 208V for server racks

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Thu Dec 2 22:32:17 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 12:17:37PM -1000, Antonio Querubin wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2010, Ricky Beam wrote:
>
> >I think they are now a violation of the NEC.  And they were delisted by UL
> >years ago.  They pose a hazard as they will not react fast enough to
> >prevent a fatal shock. (and the only one's I've ever seen were outlawed as
> >the breaker itself was a fire hazard.)
>
> You sure about that?  GFCI breakers as well as their close cousins AFCIs
> are still being sold and bought at hardware stores.

A quick browse of www.homedepot.com and www.lowes.com shows that both of
them sell GFCI breakers online and in the stores local to me. Moreover,
the UL website (www.ul.com) doesn't say anything about GFCI breakers
being delisted, and _does_ mention GFCI breakers as one of three types of
GFCI devices.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea at mikea.ath.cx