Want to move to all 208V for server racks

Jay Nakamura zeusdadog at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 16:30:45 UTC 2010

> you mean 240V AC 50HZ and move from 120V 60Hz? (or also 50Hz)

In US, I think everything is 60Hz.  But I mean 208v single phase.
(Which is what you get when you combine two 120v single phase legs out
of three phase, I believe.  I am not an expert on AC...)

> you will need to check each device if it supports 240V, commonly the
> specified power ratings are printed at a stricker on the device itself.

I have even been looking at USB HD AC adapter and all other odd ball
equipment and I always see the label say "100~240v AC".  Dell's old
rack mount monitor/KB from 5 years ago even supports 208v (Just wrong
connector.)