FUD: 15% of world's internet traffic hijacked

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 23:17:26 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

>> <conspiracy-hat>also, you won't get the traffic stats from the
>> offending parties</conspiracy-hat>
>
> and how much traffic data does google publish?
>
> or iij or ntt?  oops!  cho, fukuda, esaki, & kato [0] did show real
> traffic data from japan's largest isps.
>
> no accusations meant.  just trying to keep the discussion near sea
> level.

sometimes I love to pull your chain... :) I agree though that folks
won't publish this data (in general) directly, for whatever reason.
Also, right '15% of traffic' really should have been '15% of routes*'

-chris

(*) routes as seen in one set of perspectives... not valid in
tennessee, wyoming, parts of Alabama, Albania, Germany, The
ex-UK-protectorates or...