FUD: 15% of world's internet traffic hijacked

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 20:43:26 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
> as usual i see no traffic measurements in the renesys note.  i see
> inference of traffic based on some control plane measurements.  and, has
> been shown, such inferences are highly suspect.

it's fairly clear though that you won't get traffic information
without looking at the interconnects between the offending parties,
eh? I think the Arbor notes about this try to address this from a
traffic perspective, though they have anonymized stats at best.

<conspiracy-hat>also, you won't get the traffic stats from the
offending parties</conspiracy-hat>

-chris