Teredo and 'firewalls' (Re: Comcast enables 6to4 relays)

Nathan Eisenberg nathan at atlasnetworks.us
Tue Aug 31 17:58:03 UTC 2010

> The only thing you can do to help your users is to provide them with proper
> education and to explain them to keep up to date and run the right tools and
> not click anywhere they can.... and that is a mission which is near impossible.

I thought user education in threat management was long ago abandoned as a realistic defense mechanism.  Don't get me wrong, I loved my users when I was supporting a desktop fleet; but the key to their survival was always policy implementation through Active Directory; back in the day, blocking executable files in email prevented a lot more problems than training users not to open them did.

Don't get me wrong, every little bit helps.  But when you consider your security with a scrutinous eye, you should always ignore the question 'how educated are my users'.  It's irrelevant.