Did your BGP crash today?

Thomas Mangin thomas.mangin at exa-networks.co.uk
Sun Aug 29 19:50:26 UTC 2010

> It seems that creating a worst case BGP test suite for all kinds of nastiness (in light of the recent RIPE thing) might not be a bad idea - so that we can all test the implementation ourselves before we deploy new code.

Normally those things are done by vendors - that what we pay them good money for software update and support.
You need a fully mesh network of all the vendors as it would seems that you need to check the outgoing packet as well as making sure the router is as well not chocking on the packet.
Definitively no rocket science, still quite some work for something which should not be the end-user's problem.

Thomas