Comcast enables 6to4 relays

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Sun Aug 29 16:24:13 UTC 2010

On 8/29/10 6:25 AM, John Jason Brzozowski wrote:
> Franck,
>
> As you know 6to4 is enabled by default in many cases and is used perhaps
> more than folks realize.  Because of this and other observations we decided
> to deploy our own relays.

Right prior to this the nearest 6to4 relay router from the vantage-point
of comcast customers was at AMSIX. It's a given that you're going to
have path asymmetry, in this case however it was frequently worse in one
direction than in the other.

This ought greatly improve the performance of existing devices located
at comcast's customers.