Did your BGP crash today?

Leen Besselink leen at consolejunkie.net
Sat Aug 28 11:09:47 UTC 2010

On 08/28/2010 11:39 AM, Saku Ytti wrote:
> On (2010-08-28 18:20 +0900), Randy Bush wrote:
>

>> a bgp regression suite would not have caught this as it was not a
>> repeat.  but it sure would be useful to implementors.
>>
> Naturally 'proving' that non-trivial software works is practically
> impossible. But stating what non-existing test-suite would or would not
> have covered is not a topic I'm particularly interested to engage.

I suggest the test-tool has 2 bgp-sessions and tests if what it put in
did or did not come out on the otherside and in what shape or form.

There are already atleast 2 projects which have BGP-code which could
probably be adapted:
http://code.google.com/p/exabgp/
http://code.google.com/p/bgpsimple/

Can I suggest a fuzzer as wel ?